Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Singing in the Rain

There is something kind of wonderful in a rainy day. Whether it be the extra warmth of your duvet and the heat of the fire; the “pitter patter” of the rain on your rain jackets hood; the way it ripples when it has fallen, they enjoyment of jumping in puddles, intimate moments (usually found in rom-coms and soppy chick-flicks), watching a car glide through a large puddle, umbrellas...

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." Gilbert K. Chesterton

I wish my camera was good enough to take great photos of rain.
It is not.
Flickr and Google will have to make do.

My friends all hear me constantly complain about the rain and the cold and the horrible Wellington spring weather, but the truth is, I actually quite like it.
I secretly adore it.

After the first initial hatred of being outside in the wet, the experience is one of a kind,
Exhilarating .
And it’s fun.
That is, after the hour of procrastination before leaving your house.

Flickr users have beautiful rain moments captured on camera.

It makes sense to me why so many songs exist around the topic of rain.

It’s worth a smile.

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.
Langston Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment